Thursday, April 12

My fantastic birthday

It's late, I'm tired. I cannot go to bed without saying this:
My friends are the greatest people, we chose each other well. People have left me the most heartfelt messages, made amazing efforts, been there..
Old friends have resurfaced this week in such amazing ways.
I am so thankful to have Jon back, I missed you, you silly Bostonian.
All my old crew from Lower Haight found me on "my space". A forum I once chastised has become a useful tool indeed.
"Nicknak" from my mission machine shop days, called after a year or so. Apparently I'm still his active "Costco Wife". He continues to pay my executive membership every year though I haven't even lived in SF for over 2 years. What a cool guy. He has the biggest heart. I'm sorry to hear Roy passed. Rest in peace my friend.
Justin and Deanna have one of the cutest babies I have ever seen. I expected no less. What I didn't expect was for them to roll into town(driving back up north after camping in Joshua Tree) and call and invite me to have lunch ONE BLOCK from where I was standing. Little Iris and I are bounded souls, I dreamt of her 13 years ago while living at "the ranch" in Isla Vista. We fell in love immediately. Justin and Deanna set the bar for great marriages. We should all be so lucky.











Kelly, Kat, and Sadie(the coolest12 year old on earth) flew into town on my birthday and made last night even more special..
Ariadne, my special Hawaii pal, moved to SF and just happened to call on my birthday. She doesn't even know that yet.

No words can describe how I feel about the magnificent Toad. You made my birthday some kind of daydream. You even got me a trashcan for my bathroom! A purchase long overdue! All those amazing gifts! You rock my world.
This sums it up best
"I'm so excited I can barely cope, I'm sizzling like an isotope. I'm on fire so cut me some slack.." Steely Dan









Not so bad being 36 with Toad around!
Mikey, you are my brother, my emercency contact person, an angel FO'SHO'.
Lastly, I'll keep your names private but..

My clients are amazing people. I adore everyone of you.
M- My new Jewish Mother (her words).
H and B- Your constant thoughtfulness is enough to give hope to even the most devoted cynics.
L- You are a man among men, and give lawyers a better name.
J- you never forget anything. You make neurosis almost appealing. XO!
J and F- I wish we were related so I could spend every holiday with you and your kids always. You also have EXCEPTIONAL taste in art and music. Massages are delightful with Miles blasting in your modern living room. I could gobble up your children,they are so delicious. The fruits of a healthy household.
R- No one has EVER given me a present of this kind. I feel like a princess. Your generosity makes me weep. What have I done to deserve such a beautiful sparkly present such as this? I really love you my friend.
L and S- Are you kidding me with this tip??? You continue to be my biggest fans here, the very reason I moved here. You are like my pimps, but you don't take a cut! Hee hee.
And your Mom is the coolest lady in BH. I can't wait for the Emmy's.
J , N, and A- You are the 3 little bears. I love your words, your home, your talent, your avocado salad dressing and your jam. You are divine people, truly.
Even my cat can't believe our good fortune. Just look at him...









4 comments:

Charlotte said...

i'm so glad to read your blog and see your pussy! I didn't know you had one. He's adorable. You're the shiznit. xoxoxo.

Anonymous said...

You spelled Haight wrong.

eViLniCeGirL... said...

ahhh, so this is leo... i love him. i already love him & he already loves me. and we both love you & you love both of us... ok, i'm gonna stop now.

stefany said...

Awe... Melly, you're so sweet my Wonder Twin.And Razzle, what do I say about Razzle? CUTEST DOG EVER!