Thursday, January 24

Because you said I could

My mother, Jenn and my dear friend Melly have all told me it's OK to write about being in love. They have given me permission. I guess I needed it in a way. I don't want to cheapen it or fuck it up. I don't want blow a bunch of damn dandelion seeds in the air. Sometimes once I write about someone or declare it's reality it disappears on me. I'm not kidding. Like, instantly. I think I have actually jinxed love before by journaling. I also haven't written because I just COULDN'T. Lazy and distracted, unorganized in my thoughts. I'm getting a better idea as to why. I'll share it now. All of it. At least I'll try.
I'll start with the good stuff. The delicious details. You asked for it. Don't worry the crappy stuff is right behind it. I'm going to be totally honest here.

My boyfriend wakes me up by saying "Good-morning little peanut" or "Hi little one".

He says "I love you" first. I get to say "I love you too" for once. I get to say "too". This is a big deal. Men in my past haven't let those 3 words slide out very easily.

He is always available. He always answers his phone. He does what he says he's going to do, shows up on time, lets me call whenever I want as many times in a day as I want and he never seems annoyed. He calls more than I do anyway.

He is so very smart. I believe he has a photographic memory. He can tell me today the 17 letter Ethiopian dish we ordered last night, only having ever seen the word that one time on our menu. He has a head full of facts that blow me away. He quietly says in a humble voice "I know things.."
Yes he does. I'm going to send him on a bunch of game shows and start milking this untapped cash-cow.

He is so together. He is a minimalist. He has 4 pairs of jeans but they are the best kind. He has 7 shirts- the sexiest vintage cowboy kind and 2 expensive dress shirts. Nice T-shirts that are all hole-free and attractive..
You get my point. He is clean, organized and calm. You should see him cook. It's like it never even happened. So graceful, no mess, no rushing, and the finished product is always to die for.

He just did the 10 day cleanse with me. We finished 4 days ago. I actually have a boyfriend that is totally willing to be healthy with me and he is not even a hippy! FAR from it. He is just conscious and willing. We work out together. We have a work out SCHEDULE. If this gets messed up at all he is not very happy. He lives for regiment.

He lets me cry about nothing, just have a big-ol melt down about nothing and everything and he will just hold me in his huge arms and say things like "you done? You want to beat your fists on the bed and let some more stuff out? Come on, let it all out.."

His favorite thing in the world is pinning me down with all 210 lbs of himself and tickling me till I am screaming like a baby orangutan. He thinks it is the all time funniest thing in the world and I'm convinced that because I laugh that hard everyday, he has probably cured me of any diseases that may have been forming inside me. It's got to be healthy, all that daily laughter. Don't get me wrong, it is torturous too.

We were raised by our Mothers. Our smart, funny,independent, single, writer, reader, mothers.We get each other. We like the soothing sound of one of us typing while the other lays in bed listening because it reminds of of our mothers. Vmama is terrific. I really like her.

Did I mention I have never seen a body like his in real life ever? Not even in movies actually. It doesn't really mean anything except that it is just unbelievable. He's like a super hero! He's a vision. He's mythology. Again, I'm not even the type to care about a mans physique so much, I've dated all kinds- fat to skinny- short and tall... It's just worth mentioning. Seven times.

Now I've got to go massage someone -like, half a continent away (Where the fuck is echo park anyway and why am I doing this for like no $?? and with no brakes??)
Anyway- stay tuned for part two. The "other side of love". Yes my friends we all know there is one.

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

aww stef, he sounds amazing! i love saying, "i love you too" - i think that's why i don't want to break up with my broke blue collar depressed possibly alcoholic boyfriend. ummm, good enough reason??? glad ur back! xo-c

Jenn said...

I read this late, as you can tell, but I found it strangely comforting. Warm. Like the Starbucks hot chocolate that I am addicted to at the moment.

Happy for you Stef.

I wish you would come back.