Thursday, May 1

wedding poem

So, like, one of my clients asked me if I would write a wedding poem for her Dad to read at his son's (her brother's) wedding. How weird is that? He can't come up with something to say about his own kid? Anywho- this is what came out. I obviously projected some deep feelings that I couldn't access without my having present relations with you know who..



When the sky desires more height to accommodate your life and the earth seeks a deeper depth to mimic your solidarity; you have found a love meant.

Love meant for bigger and yet simpler words, for science to complicate the known laws, yet clarity for the least understood.

For we all know a feeling. We all marvel at the origin and differ on the road to its arrival, but commune and celebrate the gift of its present, presence.

We understand an appreciation so great and important that any challenge or fear of being misunderstood is given the best of our best, the deepest of our breath, to let it live.

In a real loves life, it craves no immortality, desires no constant relief, and doesn’t see a false end of quiet, happy sleep. It is all that it is without expectation. It is a constant companion down an unknown path.

Love lacks lonely, lacks an empty reach, and a blank stare.
Loves gives the deepest eye contact, the warmest hand, and the safest flesh.
It protects the ones without a need and needs the unprotected.

This love is without a poem.
It is the poetry.
It needs not your attention because it is the last second, this second, and the one to come.

It is a real life, with real love, with no comments, validations, opinions, or speeches.

It behaves like children in arms.
Safe and sleepy, alive in you, alive in them.

We all believe in ourselves, because of your love.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I don't know why but I found your poem intensely comforting.

Anonymous said...

Hi Stef,

I was cleaning up my bookmarks and came across your blog...like this a lot it's very pure and vulnerable similar to true love! Well done!
Glad at least I had something to do with you having love in your life, can't wait for your wedding day! Miss ya girl! xoxo