Wednesday, September 26

Angel in America

I just got home from "Taco Tuesday's" at Marix in WEHO. Lovely evening with Mikey, Ivana and James. The four of us pack ourselves in the tiny, hip, gay, establishment every so often and drink margaritas and eat enough cheap but delicious tacos to be stuffed and sober enough to drive home. It is loud and crazy and we still seem to put on a big show for everyone. Mikey insists on high five-ing every 2 seconds across the table until I eventually have to cut him off by not holding my hand up in return. He holds his solo,waiting, hand up enough times that he looks dumb and stops doing it. A little habit he picked up about 4 years ago to torture us with. Man, I do love him though. He is my angel. He went on and on about my red, 1930'sish, polka dotted shirt. He loved it. He slammed his fist down in protest for not being able to wear it. "We (the gay community) just don't have enough polka-dotted clothing!" He was dead serious. It reminded me of the time we were shopping at Lohmans together and he picked up some fuzzy designer purse thing and bellowed "I want to accessorise too!" He totally meant it. He was upset about it but not enough to "slip over to the transgender arena". What a little cutie pie. Just what the doctor ordered. Mikey and my 4 hours of soil prepping for the grass I ordered for my yard helped me completely release all my anger towards the PRCB. I mean really. It's so ridiculous I can't even write the details out because I can't bear to give anymore thought or energy to this human being.
My client who rarely swears or gives an opinion without complete and utter diplomacy exclaimed face down on the massage table "What a dick!" Well said my friend, well said. Believe me, I didn't recite the events with any emotion or positive self portrayal. I just gave the facts. The only thing I will say is that showing up at my house with fingernail scratches and dried blood on his biceps is not cool. I confronted him in a light-hearted way and he denied it (and WOW did his explanation suck!). I didn't even care (no,really,I didn't) until the following day when he said " Dude, last I checked, we haven't gotten married." OK, that's all I'm giving up.
Mikey said " Stef, it's a numbers game, NEXT!" Oh GAWD. I'll give you a number ZERO!!
Goodnight world. Hope I don't feel crappy in the AM.

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Moving right along....there's only so much crap you're required to take (none at all)

Charlotte said...

seems like he may have fallen out of the dick tree and hit every branch.

eViLniCeGirL... said...

a shout out to the red polka dot shirt! yo, yo. wut's up...
it's melinda

stefany said...

Melly gave me the shirt. Thanks Melly. Can you find one for Mikey?

Anonymous said...

12819.....85110