Tuesday, September 4

Henriette, Felix, and the people who are living with them

I was going to write quickly and let everyone know I made it home safe, as of 2 hours ago. I was going to say "for those of you who have been worried about me and where I have been, don't worry I am home.." then I got this worrisome e-mail from my Mum.
AT 8 PM PDT...0300 UTC...THE GOVERNMENT OF MEXICO HAS REPLACED THE
HURRICANE WATCH AND TROPICAL STORM WARNING WITH A HURRICANE WARNING
ALONG THE COAST OF MAINLAND MEXICO FROM TOPOLOBAMPO NORTHWARD TO
BAHIA KINO. A HURRICANE WARNING MEANS THAT HURRICANE CONDITIONS ARE
EXPECTED WITHIN THE WARNING AREA WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
PREPARATIONS TO PROTECT LIFE AND PROPERTY SHOULD BE RUSHED TO
COMPLETION.

Yep, don't worry about me. Worry about my mother in an aluminum trailer.

PS pls read my friend Charlottes blog. It's so good. Especially since she just moved to the place where Felix passed through.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I was wondering about your Mum as I puffed on the treadmill with my face smack in CNN where solemn faced weather people talked about Henriette and Felix.

I hope she's OK Stef.

Anonymous said...

so far so good. you know because henriette has been pretty well behaved here (i.e. just big seas and so far no wind and rain) it's the gringos who are faring the worst because of their homes built right on the beach. the locals know better than to do that. pictures to follow on my site. thanks for worrying chicas but not to worry - gotta big old van to pull me outta here.

(and yep, i know me and jenn were worried about where you were, mija)