Friday, August 10

cowboys are my weakness


I wish I had the book handy to quote Pam Houston but basically at one point she says something about being a strong, autonomous, woman but when a man calls me "Baby" I get weak in the knees..
My cowboy says things like:
"Get over here and give me some sugar"
"Hey Baby doll"
"Hi Peanut"
"Jeff is great,you'll meet him someday".
"We won't be able to sit out here like this in December"
"I had such a great time tonight, call me tomorrow right?"
You get the picture. This guy is either REALLY good at this or he actually likes me. I know he likes me yet.. something is amiss. I can't believe this guy. I mean WHAT?? I couldn't have written him. I couldn't have made him in a lab. This much I do know, my head is not up my ass. I soak all this cowboy stuff up but when all is said and done, I'm gonna marry a guy who has never uttered the word "baby" in his life. I may be 60 but I'm not that nieve.

11 comments:

Jenn said...

Too good to be true?

stefany said...

Most likely Jenn.

Anonymous said...

Jenn, did you put a link on your site to mine? If so, mucho gracias! I'm enjoying your blog immensely (given that is your blog).

Poor baby bird Stef. I have "Cowboys are my Weakness" in the trailer somewhere. I had never been called "baby" until Southern Man entered my life. Honey, you are too much like yo mama. My heart goes out to you. (Does your cowboy have a dad?)

eViLniCeGirL... said...

of course he likes you chicken-butt! what is there not to like? just cuz he's a cowboy, that doesn't mean he's stupid. (does it?)
* good for you girlfriend, enjoy*

stefany said...

To Melly: I love it when you call me chicken butt.
To Mama: He's never met his Dad, a running THEME in my dating resume. Code blue!
Mom, Jenn is my new friend I met Blogger, how awesome is that?? She's a great writer no?

Anonymous said...

mija, that is a strange running theme to have in your dating life. why do you think that is? do they all have evil moms? if so, that might make sense.

remember when you found you-know-who's dad? wasn't that strange?

i say "save a horse, ride a cowboy" but you know me, i always did give crappy advice.

Jenn said...

Stef: I would a few too-good-to-be-truers in my life once in a while just to remind myself they're there. Instead I get chubby gropers who think I should be grateful for what amounts to manhandling or married men who forget temporarily that they're married and break my heart while they're at it.

Mamacita: Yes, I did link you...I read your blog and was immediately hooked. You are some family.

stefany said...

Well Jenn, I have a REALLY bad habit of dating men who are just begining the divorce process but are already seperated from their wives whom they still adore. I'm not kidding. I've dated 3 of them since moving to LA and I've been here only 2 years. I'm sorry someone broke your heart. It's the horror of life. Not easy being such an amazing woman is it? When you feel and see as deeply as you seem to, the down side is that it takes alot longer to flatten out again. Know what I mean?

stefany said...

Oh and Ma, you totally give great advice. I really do think "Mama Bear's Advice" column would be hilarious. I feel like such an ass because all I ever ask about is stupid boys though. Maybe I should get a damn clue. Maybe I should bake.
Or join a hokey team.

Jenn said...

I thought a few weeks ago that I should join a yoga class. Or meditate. Or take up knitting.

stefany said...

By the way, that's HOCKEY not HOKEY team! Ha ha! I'm a dork!