Tuesday, June 19

continued- Manhattan Beach Weekend.




If I were a talk radio program I would have said "wow, the call buttons sure lit up on this one!" Jon will be happy to know how much e-mail I have received regarding his picture posting. I actually did it as a joke on him but I have a feeling he'll secretly like it. Jon was my very first friend when I moved here. Someone referred him to me for massage and when I walked through the door of his house I already felt like I knew him. We sat on the floor going through his Cd's after the massage and playing our favorite songs. He burned me three Paul Weller Cd's that day. He took me to the Reefer Madness movie release party and we had a blast. He does lighting and photography. http://www.blackburstla.com/ . We spent the rest of the summer paling around together and dancing to Talking Heads "This must be the place" over and over in my West Hollywood studio. (The loudest apartment known to man. It required a sleeping kit. I thought "Rage" was a restaurant I would be living above when I moved in on a Sunday at noon. In reality it was a gay nightclub. Wow I'm smart. That was a very long year.)
Jon is ridiculously obnoxious. His accent is so thick that luckily, I could just listen to him talk all day, because well, I do. I don't have a choice. He always says "quit talking while I'm interrupting you."He likes to engage everyone in conversation. It drives me nuts. He has to observe everyone and what they're doing and then interact with them. It makes me want to duct tape his mouth. Somehow he gets away with it all because of that Boston accent. He yells stuff like "Hey dude, at least I gotta girl, you gotta backpack!" Jon, shut up please!- me, hiding in the bushes... HOWEVER, he is so much fun and the heart this man has is golden. We say I love you back and forth like 7 times a day. I like a man that isn't afraid to say "I love you". My Dad is like that. It's refreshing. We actually lost touch for a long time, it's great to have him back. It's really fun too because he lives in Manhattan Beach which is like "Sweet Haven" (Popeye) with butt loads of money. I've never seen a town like it. It doesn't even seem real.
We had mimosa's in plastic cups on the beach yesterday morning. Love ya, Brutha.
And Ladies... We are just friends, FYI. I had to keep you guessing.
And to you Claire, the one that always keeps me accountable(see comments), I downloaded the forms today to be a certified massage instructor. It's a long process so wish me luck. I know it's what I have to do. I'm very excited and I think a client and I are going to open the school together on the Malibu coast. We have some great ideas and I don't want to talk about it too much, I just want to get going on this. So that was my goal today and I did it. Yesterday was make it through three massages without dying of lack of sleep and early AM champagne. I finished at 11pm and thought I would surely never wake again once my head hit the pillow.

No comments: